Friday, December 28, 2007

Coming Home

Tammy and I will be getting on the plane home in about 12 hours. We couldn't be more excited to get home and see everyone. Yesterday I was wondering when, if ever, I would get to see the girls again, but MacDella told us that Leila and Belle will be coming to New York next summer! Tammy already began planning their entire trip. They might be overwhelmed by the city at first, but Tammy will still be taking them to every site that you could ever want to see. :)

We went to Children's Rescue Center and a community called Duport Road Project yesterday. We took the rest of the shoes and let any of the children who didn't fit in the shoes we had given them try on other pairs. At CRC, Tammy and I got a tour of the entire premises. The little boys took our hands and walked us around their gardens, the place where they kept pigs (I got movies for you, Veronica!), their cooking area, and their dining hall. In the dining hall, they showed us the cutest puppies ever! If you know how much I want a puppy, you won't be surprised that I thought about taking one and packing it in my bag. He was trying to tell us how old they were. I think thought he was saying two days, but he must have meant two weeks or months. Tammy has a picture on her blog! I've realized that Tammy ends up with a lot of pictures that I don't have, but it's because I have the footage on video instead. So go to Tammy's blog to see the puppies that I want! The pigs were kind of sad. I didn't want to ask what they did with them even though I could guess. I pretended they were their pets. There was one with both of its back legs broken. One of the boys climbed into the pen to see what was wrong with him, but he just dragged himself into a corner. It was so sad.

Then we went to the Duport Road Project. I got some footage there. We just delivered the shoes and picked up a woman named Shirley who helps out there so she could return the pots we used at the party. She's squatting in someone's house. But the owner called and gave the people who are living there notice that he's coming back. So now she has to find an apartment to rent.

Last night, MacDella and her friend Patrice, who was formerly Miss Liberia, took us out to dinner. We drove to a restaurant on the beach and another restaurant down the street, but since it was a Thursday night, no one was out. They wanted to go somewhere where we could see more people, but we ended up at the Royal Hotel again. It was a nice dinner. Tammy and I had gotten dressed up (more so than we were the rest of the week, at least). Leila told us both before we left that she loved our outfits. Leila also did my hair. It fell out in the car because I didn't have little hair ties, but here's a picture of me and my little hairstylist!

I packed last night when we got back to the apartment, and I charged my iPod for the plane. Today we're going to a market by the port, MacDella said. She said it would be fun, and we can get some footage. Then Tammy and I will be off! The first flight should go by quickly because we'll be sleeping, but I think the 5 hour layover in Brussels and the second flight might drag by a bit. I'll be so excited to get home!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I can't wait to see the movie of the pigs! I hope it's not too sad, I'll pretend they're kept as pets too. I've really enjoyed reading your blog, but I can't wait to see you tomorrow!