Thursday, December 27, 2007

Last Full Day in Liberia

So this is our last full day in Liberia. We leave tomorrow night, but I only consider that a half day because we'll be getting ready to leave and won't have time to do much else.

Yesterday, we just relaxed after the busy Christmas party. Marcie brought us to use the internet, and then we went home and laid down before we hung out on the porch with the younger girls. Leila taught us some card games. There was one that reminded me of the game, War, but I thought that the name of that game wasn't very nice for them. I really wanted to show her the game though so she could see that we had a similar game. I thought about changing the name of the game, but then it seemed like I was lying. I just played the games that she taught us. It was fun playing cards on the balcony until the electricity came on around 7. The breeze was nice and relaxing.

Tammy and I were laughing hysterically a lot yesterday. We were just talking about the trip and what we would do or eat when we got home, and we found everything extremely funny. Tammy says we were delirious. We might have just been tired from running around every other day. It was fun though. It's nice to have a friend here to laugh with.

Today we're back at the Royal Hotel using the internet and ordering our breakfast. On our walk over here, there were lots of sirens and people directing the traffic. I thought there was an accident or something, but Marcie said the president was just going to work. Apparently, she always has the entourage with the sirens on her way to work. They drove right down the street we were on, so I can say I was on the same street as the president. :) How exciting. There was an article about her in an older issue of Glamour. Tammy let me read it on the plane. She's very impressive. I wouldn't want to be president after the history of the past presidents who would kill one to take over the position.

I'll try to put up a few pictures in another post right after this.

No comments: