Thursday, December 27, 2007

Pictures!

Here are a few pictures from the party on Tuesday.

The first one is me with a group of children. They were from the first group that arrived. The party was kind of quiet until all of the other groups came. I love the girl's orange outfit!

We soon discovered that everyone loved having their picture taken. I was video taping a little boy dancing, and some other children realized what I was doing and came and tried to take over his spotlight on the camera. Then they wanted to have a group picture. It was chaos afterwards because they all wanted to see themselves on the little screen of my camera. But you can see how much fun they were having at the party in this picture. :)

I found that taking individual pictures was easier than the group pictures. Then I could just show one person their picture and move on. This little boy was so happy to have his picture taken. I often found the smallest kids right against my legs. When I looked down, I would just see their little faces staring up at me.

This is a photo of me, some of the children, and Belle. It was fun to see how Belle, Leila, and Hajal acted with the other children. Belle was running around and having fun. She was exhausted afterwards and fell sound asleep on the car ride home.

And this picture is some of the children saluting. I don't know why exactly they chose that pose. I was just trying to tell the girl in blue to smile. She looked so serious in her first picture, but she had the biggest smile when she saw herself on the screen. I wanted to take her picture again with her big smile, but she did this instead.

Tammy has some good pictures on her blog! She has lots of action pictures that I don't have because I was just getting everything on the video camera. Go check hers out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. I can try to turn some of them into painted portraits. I'd be so happy if I could capture their expressions on canvas. They are really precious. Thanks for the photos!!!